Our robot is really starting to look like one! Some of the improvements we made yesterday are very visible, like adding lights and finally attaching the arm that will put down the bridge. In addition to the external components, we also continued to work on the internal components that will move the ball. We made good progress on the flywheels as well as the front roller, which we mounted onto the chassis, hopefully for the final time. (The front roller is the tan bar in the pictures.) For a long time, we have been working on the bumpers. We are re-using the same ones from last year, but the wheels are in a different place on this year’s robot, so we have had to drill new holes in the side bumpers and move the pieces that hold them on. And we did this for both the red and blue sets of bumpers! While the mechanical team was working on the robot, a few of us finished editing our applications and essay for the chairman’s award. What a busy week!
Pictures can be cycled faster by clicking on them.